Google can’t save you.
Here is a short but compelling list of things Google is good for:
- Figuring out how the hell to poach a wet, floppy fish
- Ordering purple pimp costumes to wear to dinner at your in-laws
- Frantically searching the correct pronunciation of the word “GIF”—before saying it out loud at your client meeting in 5 minutes
And here are things Google cannot help you with, ever:
- Finding your own fucking voice
- …And having the guts to actually use it
Everybody’s so busy peeking at their neighbor’s paper, trying to figure out the “correct” way to do everything. They think that if one person had success doing X, in this very particular way, then everyone must do X, in this very particular way.
But what if your neighbor is actually subpar?